A Channel – Episode 1
April 21, 2011
Posted by on
A Channel? More like The Channel! Yes, I have a million of them. And speaking of things of which there are a million, school life comedies. A Channel is a school life comedy. Is it the school life comedy? I guess we will find out by watching episode 1 of A Channel.
…thirty minutes pass…
She has that baseball bat to beat up anyone who gets close to the girl she likes. Adorable!
A Channel? More like C Channel, amirite, owned. And not C in the good way, like the show I just watched was good, and A Channel is good like the show I just watched, and the show I just watched was named C. Also not C in the following senses:
- a degree on the centigrade scale of temperature
- the speed at which light travels in a vacuum
- a base found in DNA and RNA and derived from pyrimidine
- an abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond
- a unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second
- a general-purpose programing language closely associated with the UNIX operating system
- the keynote of the scale of C major
- street name for cocaine
No, what I actually mean is that A Channel is pretty mediocre. There is a lot to like about it, it features a yandere, and the Kansai dialect, and the pure, unsullied romance of the love of one schoolgirl for another. Unfortunately what it does not feature are any funny jokes. If this were a drier season, I might keep following it anyway, hoping for it to pick up, or just accepting it for what it is and having my heart warmed by the love of a yandere for her airheaded senpai. However, Spring 2011 seems like it’s gonna be a blockbuster of a season. Maybe I’ll fill it in come summer, but 5/6 for Spring.